Pulse Africa, the leading digital company in Africa established the Pulse Influencer Awards. The Awards are aimed at recognizing and highlighting bright lights in the influencer space in Africa, who are building active ever engaging communities around their niche and craft.
The awards take place in Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Senegal, and Côte d’Ivoire featuring various categories across all online platforms.
In this year’s edition, there were 26 categories. Some content creators bagged more than one ward. The influencers were awarded for their stellar works in different categories as voted by members of the public. The voting stage of the awards was among the final stages before the final award ceremony which took place this past weekend.
“Before voting, the nominees are selected by members of the public through open nominations which see tens of influencers named by their fans.”
The final list is then arrived at by an independent jury that selects the top ten nominees per category by assessing each nominee’s creativity, content quality and range, engagement, and community building as well as the use of social tools.
This year’s jury was made up of Jennifer Ochieng, a film/TV publicist, Gathoni Kimuyu, a renowned screenwriter and producer and voice actor, Loreh Marvin a digital marketing specialist, Brian Kuira a digital and PR marketing specialist and Brian Mutinda, an associate creative director and digital marketer.
Also on the jury, were: renowned chef and content creator Qamili Dave, Digital marketer and content creator Brian Mbunde, Joan Melly content creator and marketer, and finally Charles Wahinya influencer manager and digital marketing strategist.
“Besides a high voter turnout and a bigger event, this year’s edition has also seen a good number of sponsors come in to support the ceremony.”
Here are the winners.
- Tech influencer of the year @daddiemarto
- The comedy influencer of the year @crazy_kennar
- The beauty and lifestyle influencer of the year @justjoykendi
- The LinkedIn influencer of the year @joanthecareercoach
- The Travel and Leisure awards of the year @natalietewa
- The male fashion influencer of the year @lenana_kariba
- The female fashion influencer of the year @secretary_sandy
- The music influencer of the year @nikita_kering
- The media influencer of the year @nataliegithinji
- The Arts influencer of the year @minicheps
- The dance influencer of the year @ajib_gathoni
- The photography influencer of the year @muma_pix
- The food influencer of the year @the_roamingchef
- The health and fitness influencer of the year @shivsimani
- The Podcast Influencer of the year @tmipodcastke
- The blogger influencer of the year @bnn_africa
- Instagram Influencer of the Year for @murugi.munyi
- YouTube influencers of the year @tmipodcastke
- The sports influencer of the year @ferdiomanyala
- The most influential actor of the year @blessinglungaho
- The Most Influential Actress of the year @jmatubia
- The Twitter influencer of the year @pizzahmwitu
- The Facebook Influencer of the Year @berylwangaitindi
- Tiktok Influencer of the Year @benawamalines
- Business Influencer Of the year @just_ivy_africa
- Most innovative Influencer of the Year @just_ivy_africa
Recap of some of the Fashion from the Pulse Influencer Awards